2010-05-31

Who Cares?

Right - who cares about the Stanley Cup anymore?  Let's talk World Cup!  Here are my picks for 2010 in South Africa:

Group A: going through will be Mexico and South Africa.  I predict France will flame out.

Group B: a no-brainer: Argentina & Nigeria.  Go Super Eagles!

Group C: England & (though I don't think they're that good) the U.S.A.  These two had lucky draws!  England is strong!

Group D: Germany, obviously, and Ghana.

Group E: Netherlands, of course.  I'm a big fan of the African teams, and I think they'll all benefit from playing in their home continent.  But I'm picking Denmark instead of Cameroon for the second spot.  This is a pretty strong group!

Group F: I don't think Italy is as strong as they once were, but this isn't a really tough group.  I'm picking Paraguay for the second spot, but just because I like the South American teams.  It could just as easily be Slovakia.  But not the kiwis!

Group G: I predict that being in the Group of Death will be an advantage for Brazil.  They'll go through, along with Portugal, but there will be a strong showing from the Cote d'Ivoire, and perhaps even the North Koreans.

Group H: Spain and Chile look to be the obvious choices here.

Two of these five teams will be in the finals:

Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Portugal.  My outsider pick: Nigeria I mean Mexico.  Oh, and Chicago in 6.

No comments: